Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

2 Ingredient Cookies

This morning was rough - D was fussy during the night & woke up very early. She also peed on the floor, and by 9am I had changed 3 poop diapers. But I've been ensconced in my sanctuary, the kitchen.

For people like me (ADHD), who find it difficult to stay organized and to NOT make a huge mess, I now follow a simple rule: When I'm done with it, it goes away, in the sink, or in the garbage. IMMEDIATELY. It makes cleanup so much easier.

I made 2-ingredient cookies, recipe courtesy of The Burlap Bag.

1 cup of oats (quick oats work better)
1 cup pureed peaches
1 tsp cinnamon (if you want)
Handfuls of any mix ins you want to add (chips, other fruits)
PARCHMENT PAPER

Prep: Preheat oven to 350
Puree peaches in blender or food processor (I left some chunks)


Simply mix, form into cookie shapes (or drop as balls, depending on your preference) onto PARCHMENT PAPER (important because oatmeal STICKS) and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or so (the bottoms should be firm & starting to brown). These cookies, while delicious, are much chewier than the usual cookie. But they are so healthy and delicious! It's like eating a bowl of oatmeal in cookie form. This is the "summer" 2-ingredient recipe. Another 2-ingredient recipe uses 2 ripe bananas instead of a cup of pureed peaches.

Here they are!

No comments: