Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

ADHD Mom-ent

A day in the life of a mom with ADHD...
I was dressed nicely, prepared with multiple copies of B's IEP and other CPSE paperwork, and ON TIME for our conference with B's teacher and therapists.

The problem: We were there on the wrong day.

We were a day early. DH relies on me to do most of our scheduling; we both refer often to our shared Google calendar. I had somehow mistaken the day. And, of course, I couldn't find the letter from the school to verify whose mistake it was that I was early. The director apologized and admitted that one notice that went home said that the conference was on Friday, November 19. How I made that into Monday, November 18, I don't know.

But B's team was WONDERFUL and met with us anyway. We were very happy; we really, really like everyone we met, all my questions were answered, and B is progressing nicely. I owe them a thank you basket. As a teacher, I know how disruptive our unplanned visit must have been.

When I got home, I faxed Dr. H about upping the Strattera. We considered it but decided to wait pending blood work (routine). However, my insurance company decided that I could only have Strattera if I bought a 3-month supply. I figured I might as well increase now instead of AFTER buying 3 months' worth. The wrong day was the final straw. I've been very irritable, quick to become frustrated (to the point of almost crying), forgetful, etc. over the past two weeks. I'm on day 2 of the 80mg dose and I feel somewhat less cranky already. And when I gave a speech tonight at the NHS induction, I was very nervous right before I spoke, but it's nothing like I would have been pre-Strattera.

No comments: