Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2014

That Didn't Take Long

My good mood started turning sour at the dentist this morning. Three new cavities that need filling because of my Sjogren's Syndrome. I need to be more circumspect about my anti-cavity regimen, including ACT Mouthwash w flouride & MI Paste. At least I don't yet need a root canal for one particularly troublesome tooth. I do, however, have to wear the night guard I despise so that I stop grinding my teeth.

Worse news came when my primary care physician's office called. Results from blood work from Tuesday were not good. My iron-deficiency anemia is steadily getting worse. It's a LOT worse compared to November & February. I had to call my hematologist to make an appointment to discuss iron therapy - most likely injection or infusion, because I can't tolerate the pills. I don't consume much that has iron in it, so I have to work on that immediately.


I also had to call my gastroenterologist, because the numbers indicate that I am still bleeding internally somewhere. In the past 6 months I've been scoped twice, and all he found was a few benign polyps, mild gastritis, and gastroparesis. I suspect the problem is in my small intestine, which he did not look at.

I'm so frustrated, angry, and a little scared. I'm so tired of being poked, scoped, shocked, scanned, x-rayed, etc. I do not want more tests. But I made the appointments and also have a pelvic sonogram scheduled, which I would be told to do if I didn't already have it planned.

Days like this I let myself feel what I need to feel, and tomorrow move on. It's not about what I want - it's about dealing with what I get.

No comments: